Working Green Living Green
To advance the mission of Catholic Health Initiatives in emphasizing human dignity and social justice, Saint Joseph Health is dedicated to protecting and preserving the environment in all we do. Out of profound respect and awe for all of God's creation, Saint Joseph Health is committed to the following principles of stewardship:
- To recycle all appropriate materials used within our organization.
- To reduce waste.
- To minimize/eliminate the use of dangerous, toxic materials within our organization.
- To promote energy conservation.
- To purchase eco-friendly, environmentally preferable products.
- To promote the use of recycled and reusable products.
- To build "green" whenever remodeling or construction occurs.
- To provide healing green spaces.
- To provide a tobacco-free environment on all Saint Joseph and Flaget campuses.
- To provide healthy food.
- To promote and give preference to purchasing fresh, locally grown and sustainable food.
- To implement a comprehensive green cleaning program.
Towards this effort, we will partner with our community leaders in creating healthy communities while advancing the quality of life of our staff and residents.