(HealthDay News) -- Many women develop leg cramps while they're pregnant.
There's no surefire way to prevent all leg cramps, but there are things you can do to help keep them at bay, and to ease the discomfort once they occur.
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions:
- Gently stretch your leg muscles.
- Get plenty of regular, gentle exercise.
- When your leg starts to cramp, gently flex your foot forward.
- Eat plenty of foods rich in calcium.
- Ask your doctor about taking calcium supplements.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.