Cancer patients at Saint Joseph Cancer Center have access to a Patient Navigator at no charge.
The Patient Navigator Program provides guidance for cancer patients, survivors and caregivers to help them navigate the cancer experience.
A Patient Navigator can help with:
- Literature on coping with cancer, what to expect during chemotherapy and radiation, and side effects.
- Referrals to support groups, classes, and other programs.
- Identify resources for financial assistance, medication needs, home health care, insurance questions, transportation and other concerns.
- Listening, caring and helping you in your time of need.
- Identifying activities that can help ensure a better quality of life.
- Guiding cancer survivors to learn to self-navigate.