Saint Joseph Health provides expert, compassionate care and support to adults with cancer through the Saint Joseph Cancer Center. The center and dedicated in-hospital units feature the latest technologies and treatments.
The multidisciplinary Saint Joseph Health cancer care team consists of dedicated physicians, nurses, therapists, dietitians, social workers, pharmacists and lab technicians, plus the staffs of radiation oncology, radiology, Palliative Care and the Saint Joseph Breast Center.
Patient- and family-centered resources available through the Saint Joseph Cancer Center include:
- One-call access to support services such as rehabilitation, lymphedema treatments, nutrition and spiritual care
- Treatment technologies including a linear accelerator with capabilities for administering intensity-modulated and image-guided radiation therapies; an MRI scanner; and a PET/CT, as well as special procedures such as cryosurgery
- One-to-one consultation with a nurse navigator, social worker, chaplain and clinical dietitian
- Networking and Support Groups
- Ongoing financial, nutritional, spiritual, side effect and symptom management education series
- A library with take-away materials from ten national cancer organizations, a computer with tailored internet access and 350 loaner books and audio/visuals available on various related topics
- A chapel open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Physician specialists including dermatologists, gastroenterologists, surgeons, a gynecologic oncologist, obstetricians/gynecologists, gynecologists, oncologists/hematologists, otolaryngologists, a palliative medicine physician, pathologists, pulmonologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists and urologists.