Facts about our New Facility:
- Flaget Memorial's new building contains 120,000
square feet. The previous building consisted of 67,000 square feet.
- The new campus, which is located on KY 245 across
from Highland Drive, spans 32 acres, which allows for ample parking and space
for future growth. The previous site contained 6 acres.
- All patient rooms in the new facility will be private
- The new building features an expanded emergency
department and and expanded surgery department.
- The bed number remains 52.
- The new site contains expanded ambulatory care
- It also contains an enhanced obstetrics and
- A new physician office building has been constructed
at the new site.
- The Sisters of Charity of Nazareth opened the
hospital on Jan. 8, 1951. The original facility included 23 acute-care beds.
An expansion was begun in 1973 that added another 29 beds. Another expansion
of the hospital was completed in 1991. This project added an intensive-care
unit, a new radiology department, new clinical laboratory, new business
office, new health information area and new chapel. Patient rooms were also
renovated at this time.
- Flaget Memorial is a member hospital of Catholic
Health Initiatives, a national health care system.