Side Effects and Safety
- Side effects, like skin tenderness, are generally limited to the area receiving radiation.
- Unlike chemotherapy, radiation usually doesn't cause hair loss or nausea.
- Most side effects begin during the second or third week of treatment.
- Side effects may last for several weeks after the final treatment.
- Multiple healthcare professionals develop and review the treatment plan to ensure that the target area is receiving the dose of radiation needed.
- The treatment plan and equipment are constantly checked to ensure proper treatment is being given.