What is pulmonary rehabilitation?
It is a service designed for persons with emphysema, chronic bronchitis, chronic asthma, sarcoidosis, COPD or other lung diseases. It is designed to teach you how to decrease your shortness of breath with most activities.
We hope to help you understand your condition and to manage it on a day-to-day basis through such things and energy conservation techniques and teaching you breathing exercises. Your program will be structured to improve your endurance levels through monitored exercise. We hop to increase your self-confidence and esteem.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you become short of breath when you walk a block?
- Do you become short of breath when you bend, stoop or need to carry and object?
- Does your breathing become difficult when you become anxious?
- Is it important to you to understand your lung condition and how to deal with it?
- If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, pulmonary rehab may be for you!
Pulmonary rehab is covered by most insurances. Staff here will help you find out what your insurance covers. Flaget Memorial Hospital has financial assistance available if you qualify. Some testing is required by us and/or your instance before you start. Since we are a hospital department, we require a physician order for you to start. This can be obtained from your physician by us if needed.