Volunteer Information for Saint Joseph Hospital, Saint Joseph East and Saint Joseph Jessamine
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS WHO NEED SERVICE FOR CLASS CREDIT - CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
Click on the pictures above to learn more about our volunteers
Want to know more about our Volunteer Opportunities?
Click here to read all of our assignment descriptions.
Click the Start button to apply!
(SUMMER TEEN APPLICANTS - DO NOT APPLY HERE)
If you would like to apply to be a volunteer at Saint Joseph Hospital, Saint Joseph East or Saint Joseph Jessamine, you may call the Volunteer Office at 859.313.1290 and request that an application be sent to you, or you may complete the application on-line by clicking on the Start button.
We ask all of our new volunteers to give at least 30 hours of service to our organization. In return for your 30 hours, we will give you references letters or confirmations of service at your request. We do allow flexible scheduling for most of our volunteers, so you can plan your service around your lifestyle.
Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet patients and escort them in the hospitalAssist staff on nursing units
- Assist Chaplaincy Services with initial visits to acquaint patients with services offered and assist patients and family in the implementation of advanced directives
- General office/clerical duties
- Assist staff in the on-site daycare
- Provide community service through the Mobile Clinic or Wellness Services
- Deliver patient mail and flowers
- Respond to patient requests for gift shop items, or other services
- Volunteer from home knitting or crocheting newborn baby caps
If you would like to apply to be a volunteer at Saint Joseph Berea, Saint Joseph Mt. Sterling, Saint Joseph London, Saint Joseph Martin, or Flaget Memorial Hospital, click on the appropriate hospital link at the top of this page then look for "Volunteer Information".