New Volunteer Orientation is provided via this website to allow new volunteers to readily have access to information necessary for meeting orientation requirements for placement. This orientation must be completed prior to the first day of your placement.
- Read the Volunteer Orientation Handbook.
- Read and fill out the
- If you are under the age of 18, please complete the Federal Laws for Teens Under 18 years of age.
- If you are under the age of 18, please print this Volunteer/Job Shadow Parental Consent and Release of Liability Form, have a parent or guardian sign it, and return it to the Volunteer Office.
- Please read Our Values and Ethics at Work handbook. At your interview, you will be asked to sign an acknowlegement saying you have access to this handbook and you agree to read it.
TB Test T-Spot:
All NEW Adult and College Student Volunteers will need a T-Spot blood test. We can have this done in our lab after your interview, at no charge to you.
All Teenage Volunteers will need to get one traditional tb test done on their own and bring a copy of the results to the Volunteer Office.
All CURRENT Adult and College Student Volunteers will need to complete an annual tb tests or t-spot. You can choose to have a tb test done on your own and bring a copy of the results to the Volunteer Office, OR you can call the Volunteer Office at 313-1290 to make arrangements to get a tb test or a t-spot at the hospital.
Vaccination Records Fax #: 859.313.3245:
- We will need a copy of your vaccination records. Please do your best to fax these to us prior to your interview or bring it to your interview.
- If you or a parent or guardian do not have a copy of your records, you might want to check with your high school (high schools keep these any where from 2 - 10 years after you have graduated) or your family physican.
- There are 2 specific items we need to see on your vaccination record:
- MMR: 2 dates.
- Varicella: 2 dates.
- If you are unable to obtain a copy of your vaccination record, or if your vaccination record is not complete with the items listed above, we will administer a blood test to check for these items, which we will do in our lab at no charge to you.
Hepatitis B Vaccination
- A Hepatits B vaccination is recommended but not required. We are not able to offer this vaccination to you.