- Escort and orient patients to their proper location and assist with admitting procedures and/or paperwork.
- Assist in departments/units with filing and copying.
- Respond to patients or family requests for magazines, newspapers, gift shop items, books or other services.
- Assist visitors and patients with the location of services or patient rooms.
- Provide each pediatric patient with gifts, such as teddy bears, crayons, books, or other age-appropriate items.
- Direct family members to the surgery waiting area in addition to keeping a log sheet of surgery times and communication between the family and physician.
- Assist department managers in visiting patients and families to determine and document patient satisfaction.