History of Saint Joseph Mount Sterling
Always dedicated to the principal of providing the best medical care to the citizens of Mount Sterling, Saint Joseph's started in 1920 as the Mary Chiles Hospital. Named after a generous donor, the hospital was housed just north of the current hospital in the home of the Bigstaff family, currently the Sarah Winn Home.
Having outgrown the facilities by the mid 1950s, a new 63-bed hospital was opened on the present site in 1960.
With completion of a 25,000-square foot, 3-story addition, as well as a renovated emergency room, CCU, and surgery rooms, the current hospital features a new ambulatory care center which includes specialty areas of audiology, cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, neurology, diagnostic imaging, physical therapy and lab.